HP Printer Assistant Prompts to Connect a New Printer
HP Printer Assistant is one of the printing applications for configuring your printer, check ink levels, etc. HP Printer Assistant prompts to connect a new printer because the printer information in HP Printer Assistant and Windows is lost after upgrading the Windows.
What to do when your HP Printer Assistant prompts to connect a new printer?
Follow the below-given steps when your HP Printer assistant prompts you to connect a new printer.
Step 1. Re-Connect your HP Printer
- To get back access to the HP Printer Assistant software, you must re-connect your HP printer.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Connect a new printer” on your computer.
- In the next window, choose the printer connection mode and after this, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your printer.
- Note: In case, a red X icon appears and the connection fails, tap on “Retry” and move ahead with the next step.
- After this, you have to switch off your HP Printer and reboot your system.
- Switch on your printer and launch the HP Printer Assistant software.
- If you are able to launch the HP Printer Assistant, the issue is then resolved. Whereas, if it still doesn’t exist move to another step.
Step 2. Uninstall the pre-installed HP Printer Software
It is important to uninstall the pre-installed HP Printer software in order to install the latest version of the HP Printer Drivers. For this, steps are given below.
- Begin the process by tapping on the Windows or Start icon from the desktop screen.
- Now, type “Control Panel” in the search field and press the Enter key.
- From the Contro Panel, locate and tap on “Programs and Features”.
- Thereafter, from the list of all the installed programs, right-click on the file of your HP Printer name and click “Uninstall”.
- After this, click “Yes” to confirm that you want to uninstall the program from your system.
Step 3. Reinstall the latest printer driver from the HP’s official site
- Firstly, download the latest HP Printer driver by accessing the official website of Hulu.
- After completing the downloading process, double-click on the setup file of the HP Printer driver.
- Thereafter, click “Yes” in the window of User Account Control.
- Read the End User License Agreement thoroughly and if you agree to the conditions select the checkbox and tap “Continue”.
- Opt for the hp printer mode of connection between the “Wired” or “Wireless” connection.
- In case, you are using a Mac as an operating system, enter the Mac username and credentials.
- This will initiate the process of installation of the latest hp printer driver on your system.
Step 4. Reboot your HP Printer as well as your Computer
Now, you have to restart your printer and computer in order to complete the set up of software in Windows. For this follow the procedure mentioned above in step 1.
Step 5. Try the Windows built-in printer driver
In case, the issue doesn’t resolves by following the above-mentioned procedures, then you can fix this error by accessing the Windows built-in printer driver.